First Congregational Church of Oakland
We restored this historic stained glass window, created by the Oidtmann Glass and Mosaic Studio. The bottom panel bears the signature of its creator, Dr. Heinrich Oidtmann, a medical doctor and stained glass scholar, who founded his studio in Germany in 1857. Dr. Oidtmann was inspired to study art glass while working with scientific glass slides. His studio grew into a major business with 100 employees.